Sunday, January 10, 2016

Yesterday we completed a challenge we had set for ourselves. Brother Chetty had shown us a Christmas Card with a picture of Brother and Sister Brown who had baptized his family, and he asked us if we knew them. After all, they are from the States living in Utah. We had no clue, but said we would try to find them. We checked dexknows and asked relatives and friends all to no avail. Finally I jumped the gun and signed up early for Returned Missionaries from the Fiji Suva Mission on Facebook. A few had served at the same time, but no one knew where they were or had any contact information. Finally, after two months, the man who served as their mission president messaged me on Facebook. I don't know how he even saw my post after that much time. He gave me their email address that was current in 2013. I wrote, and they replied. It was them. They are well and sound amazing. Not only did we connect the Chettys with them, but also the Prasads whom they had baptized. She made me my favorite dish to tell me “Thank You!” The Chettys, Prasads, and other members who knew them got to Skype with them on Sunday after church. We are ecstatic that we were able to help get them connected again.
Hope you are all enjoying the New Year! It’s a good one!

Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment