Thursday, January 21, 2016

Rex wrote: Yesterday was to be a day to catch up. Before 8 AM, Betty had clothes in the washer and a business lesson prepared. I got a call that the solar unit for Nakawakawa was at the church, ready to be unloaded. I left Betty home to write emails and call home. There were two big crates, and both wouldn’t fit in the truck. It would take two trips. I called Pita to let him know it had come. He said they were in Labasa town just ready to catch a bus and head back home. I told him I would meet him there. I raced home and told Betty to get ready like now! We were going to Nakawakawa.
We had a delightful trip to Nakawakawa visiting with Pita. He likes all of my stories, and I always like listening to him. He talked a lot about the branch and asked a lot of questions. We gave him lots of ideas, many dealing with Home Teaching, Visiting Teaching, and delegating. The 3 ½ hour trip went quickly!

Pita recruited one of his neighbors to help lift the heavy box off the truck. We found out later that he is a nonmember. Pita is confident that will soon change. Pita's counselor met us at the chapel. After visiting a few minutes, we turned around and drove back home to Labasa. Betty was done, but I had to go to the church to take the volleyball and basketball for a youth activity and to load and tie in the other big box. The plan is to leave Betty home tomorrow and take the young elders with me to help install the solar unit. None of us know how to do it, and we might have to wing it. As all of you know winging it is new to me! It should be a party!
Too much for one trip!

Tied in with my strong braided rope.

Safely delivered.

They will be happy to have electricity in their chapel.

Big box of  solar panels for trip number two.

Hopefully it makes the bumpy ride. We tied it in as best we could.

No comments:

Post a Comment