Sunday, January 31, 2016

     Saturday and yesterday were amazing. 
     Rex wrote this paragraph: Saturday we had 2 baptisms Meli Rauluitoga and Meresalina Wait Isoa. Elder Sieverts mixed up the baptismal prayer and had to baptize Meresalina three times before he got it right. He was a little embarrassed and a little sad until I talked to him. I told him that just before I came on this mission, I was Young Men's President. One Sunday I was blessing the sacrament, and I had to do it twice. Bishop Atkinson came up to me after and thanked me. He was happy that I had made the mistake to show the young men that we all can make mistakes; but the sacrament prayer, just like the baptismal prayer, has to be exact. Then I told Sieverts that is one of the main reasons we get baptized and partake of the sacrament is to have the opportunity to fix our mistakes and do it right. He was happy again after that. 
     Sunday we went early to the Labasa chapel and met with Lorenzo Snow Baleiwasawasa to help more in completion of his mission papers. For some reason, I have a special bond with him. Oh, yes, I guess it’s that his first name is also my Father’s. He had already gotten his physical, but we found out his forms were outdated, and would not be accepted by Salt Lake. We printed out some new forms and are sending him back to the physican. We gave him a “Preach my Gospel” and a flash drive with church songs to thank him for the extra trouble.
     We shook hands with or got hugs from everyone in the chapel. After I had been around once, a sweet member named Bisun Kumari came quickly up the outside aisle to me. I told her that was so sweet of her to come all the way up to give me a hug. When I moved away, she quickly got a tithing slip off the wall. That’s what she had actually come for; but I still got my hug, and I am happy that she is paying her tithing.
     Just as I had left the chapel to leave for Naduna, Rex told me to go back in. The Vosa’s had come. Two of the daughters have been baptized. The man was taking lessons at the same time, but he wanted to wait for his wife to be baptized, and she seemed very satisfied with the church she was attending. He had backed off and quit coming to church. The Elders visited them Saturday, in the Sister’s absence, and challenged them to come to church as a family. When I walked in, the whole family was there. The missionaries were ecstatic, as were we. Someday he will be one of the church leaders here. He is that great, and she has a special light that absolutely radiates from her. We are hoping they will both be baptized soon. We will celebrate the day!
     We went to Sacrament Meeting at Naduna. They were happy to have 2 extra speakers! We talked on the temple. Rex used the same talk he had given in Labasa. It was beautiful! As I watched him speak, I know I am so blessed to be his companion for eternity!

     Next we drove to Seaqaqa. The counselor took Rex aside and said the missionaries were supposed to be the speakers, and they weren’t there. Could he please talk on “The Rescue.” Just before the sacrament, the Elders arrived. They had been attending meeting with a small group in Naduri. Rex thought he had been rescued, but the counselor announced him as the middle speaker. He talked of William Woodward and the Willie’s Handcart Company and the rescue, and he tied that into missionary work, rescuing our neighbors and bringing them to church. Then he talked of temples and doing temple work to rescue our ancestors. We are happy to be part of the rescue. It was a beautiful day in Fiji! 


No comments:

Post a Comment