Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A new restaurant just opened. Our friends had eaten there; and, being impressed with the food, were excited to take a group of us there.
We were in the mood for chicken, and the picture looked good.
As they served all the others first, the dishes looked delectable,
and our friends were pleased with their choices.

These are 7 of our 8 pieces of chicken. Notice the size compared to the tablespoon. 3 pieces were parts of backs. Hopefully we were the first customers who had ordered chicken pieces.

There was one chicken breast for me.

I must admit, I might not have put my best foot forward as a missionary. When they brought the plate out, my first words were, "You're kidding me, right?" When the manager came back later and asked if everything was okay, I said that what they had brought us looked nothing like the picture. I told her that in the future, they needed to give their customers the whole chicken pieces as shown in the picture, not chopped chicken bits. She came out later and apologized and said the cook was cooking us a little more chicken. I told her twice that they didn't have to do that, but she insisted. They brought us two chicken legs. They were tiny, but they were whole. I went in after and told them "Thank you!" I hope they take my advice on the portion size, or they might get in really bad trouble with future customers. 
Our friends didn't say anything out loud, but I could tell by their body language that they were embarrassed and thought I was rude and not becoming a missionary. I was just trying to help keep the restaurant out of trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment