Wednesday, May 13, 2015

At District Meeting we learned about Putting on the Whole Armor of God. Elder Raju was our model.

At District Conference, we met another one of our bosses, Ned Taito, the manager of the Self Reliance Center in Suva. He gave us a little training and some materials to use in Labasa. He also gave us a most prized possession. He gave us a key to unlock the chapel and the Family History Center. Until now, we have had to borrow a key from the sisters every time we met someone there other than Sunday and Friday night. We are excited to have more power and freedom to meet people at the church whenever we want. However, along with extra power comes more responsibility. After our May service projects are completed, it will be our job to have the mini Self Reliance Center open certain hours and days of the week to provide materials and workshops and help the people here in their quest for better jobs, more education, and better business. If we don’t have the answers, we will refer them to Ned Taito in Suva.

Keyboarding
Even though I don’t play piano, I am following the church’s wishes to have someone teach keyboarding. I will teach the beginning music lessons to get them started, and Sister Bull has agreed to teach them more from there. She has already begun to teach her two children and one family friend. I have started with Kelly Kumar and will also be helping Sister Hewson. The first lesson, Kelly couldn't even curve her fingers. After three lessons, she is really taking off!
Daniel & Emma Bull came to our flat to have me show them how to make my chocolate chip cookies. It was great to have them there, and the cookies turned out well. They were happy and excited.
Sister Kora and Sister Eneri gave me a Mother's Day Surprise

When we picked the sisters up to take them to church on Mother’s Day, they gave me a gift all wrapped in blue, my favorite color. Along with two adorable notes from the girls, was a beautiful Fijian dress with the words “Bula,” which means hello, and “Fiji.” I was so surprised and happy. It was way too much money. I have actually been looking at similar dresses thinking I would buy one near the end of my mission to bring home. Now I don’t have to. All the talks in Church were on honesty, something we all need to know and keep doing. We took the Sisters home for lunch and to Skype their families. Rex made amazing fried chicken. Along with it, we served various fresh fruits and vegetables, and had banana bread and chocolate ice cream for dessert. The sisters left just as the Elders were arriving. The Elders brought me a big beautiful Mother’s Day card signed by the whole district. I love their thoughtfulness. They are all so good to us. 




Mother's Day Dinner
Do you like these plates? I bought 43 of them for Zone Conference for $1 each.

Rex made the same meal for the elders. They enjoyed it. While two of them were Skyping, the rest of us played our Plan of Salvation Game. Then Rex was delighted when Elder Nuku started asking Bible history questions. The rest of the night went quickly from there with Rex in his full glory. They were amazed that he knew all the answers and even more impressed that he made the stories come to life and that they were understandable.
Take care!
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment