Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Rex wrote this. His accounts are the best!
On the day after Christmas I decided I would try to fix Betty's little dryer. It would turn on and just hum, but it didn't spin.
I took it apart and tried to see what the problem was. Everything looked fine. With the back off, I could turn it on and give the drummer a roll and then it would work. It didn't work without a little bit of a push or help. I couldn't fix the problem so I put it back together. It still didn't work. I brainstormed three ways to make the dryer work in its present condition. Idea one was to cut a hole in the side and turn the drum from the side. Idea two was to put a pull rope on the drum and pull start it. Idea three was to fix the door so the dryer would run with the door open. I went with idea three. Now we put the clothes in, turn the power on, give the drum a push to get it started and then put a bungee cord around to the door to hold it shut. Works great!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment