Sunday, December 7, 2014

I have had a request to show some pictures of where we live. These are some outside shots.
This shot is taken from the road looking at our huge retaining wall, past our banana trees to the house on top of the hill.
We live in a gated community!
 (Okay, as close as we're going to get) Locked gate out front and bars on the windows.
This driveway is steeper than it looks! 4 wheel drive & low gets us up there!



.
 Home sweet home,, but oh, how I miss our home in Idaho. Funny how homesick I got when we watched "Money Making Morons" with a family here since our home and beautiful Cache Valley were used to film the movie.
Our east porch with the big sugar cane pole we cut from the back yard.

North porch that looks far out over the valley.
From our high vantage point, we can see across the valley to the far mountains.
We put one of these pretty flowers on our table, and it lasted over 2 weeks. I was amazed. When we checked it closer, roots were growing on its stem. We planted it to see if it will grow. I love all the beautiful flowers here.

Our little sugar cane patch in the back yard.
 


 Our own papaya tree.
This Aloe Vera growing outside our home is bigger than anything I've seen inside.
Rex planted these two pineapples. 

 Not real roses, but I say hi to my neighbor's roses every time we pass.
This beautiful home with its lavish flowers tells us when to turn onto Kia Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment