Sunday, October 11, 2015

We heard a sad story. While we were gone to Nakawakawa, a lady's home caught fire.Evidently, it was one of the biggest, fanciest houses in Labasa. Our members could see the fire from the church. She got a child out safely, but she ran back in for all her money and jewelry and didn't make it back out.
We passed by the cemetery the day of her funeral. The cemetery parking lot was full, as was the gas station and both sides of the street for over a block each way. There were well over a thousand people there to honor her. Evidently she was a woman of high station. 
I have thought about her often, even though I didn't know her. Her highest priority was the child. That was good, but I wish she had valued her own life more than her worldly possessions. What a waste of a beautiful daughter of God. I wish she had found the Gospel, and her priorities might have been different.
I'm grateful for the Church in our lives.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment