Thursday, October 22, 2015

     Rex said I have to include two  experiences concerning bugs. Usually when I see a bug or spider, I just yell for Rex to take care of it because I’m afraid of them have an adversity to squishing anything, but these two times, he wasn’t there.
     The first was a spider on the mirror right above the little sink in the shower room. I didn't want to do it, but it seemed like an easy fix. I got a paper and swished it into the sink to go down the drain. Then I remembered that it would just come out the bottom of the open pipe onto the floor. I screamed and ran and grabbed tissue. My face grimaced as I snatched up the spider, which was pretending to be dead; walked quickly, hoping it wouldn't bite me; and threw it into the toilet and flushed it. I shuddered a little as I watched it go down.
The second incident happened as I was carrying the bucket to the back of the flat to get hot water to do the dishes. I looked down and saw a live baby cockroach, only about 1 ½ inches long, in the bottom of the bucket. I held it away from me and detoured to the bathroom to dump it into the toilet. I banged the bucket on the toilet seat and backed up. When I looked, the cockroach was not in the water, but was on the lid. I screamed. It raced down the toilet and was coming across the floor towards me. I kept screaming. I put the bucket sideways hoping it would run in, but it dodged. I tried again, and it went in. I slammed the bucket on the lid again, but when I looked, it was already 2/3 of the way up the side and heading out. I screamed, “No!” and flushed the toilet. The stream caught it full force and took it down. I stood there with my hands over my face, just shaking. 
     Last night, as I got up to get a drink, I saw a huge cockroach scurrying across the floor in the next room. I just let it go and went back to bed.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment