Monday, July 20, 2015

Rex Wrote: One day as we were parking behind main street to go shopping, Betty got out to help me back up into the parking spot. I was watching her signal from the passenger side to let me know how much further I needed to go when her signals got weird. She was pointing at me, which doesn’t tell how much farther to back. She kept pointing until I looked out my driver’s side window. There was my Hindu barber with his face in my window. I rolled down the window to see what he wanted.
He said, “I can tell you are a man of God. I want you to pray for me.”
I asked, “What do you need?”
He lifted his right arm up about half way and winced in pain. “My arm is hurt. There is pain shooting down from my shoulder to the elbow, and I can hardly cut hair,” he moaned. “I’ll go to your church so you can pray for me.”
I asked him if he would like a blessing. I explained that in our church when people are sick or hurt, we give blessings.
He said, “Yes.”
I said, “Do you have the faith to be healed?”
He said, “Yes.”
I told him, “The blessing is in two parts, first I will anoint your head with oil, and then I will give you the blessing.”
I had him sit in the back seat of the truck with the door open, and I gave him a blessing. Betty said it was the most powerful blessing she has ever heard me give. The Spirit was so strong.
As he left, he raised his arm three-fourths of the way up kind of test to see how it felt.
I told Betty it was an incredible feeling that people who don’t really understand exactly who we are would come up on the streets and ask me to pray for them.
A few days later, I went into his shop and asked how his arm was. He said it was still hurt, but he was cutting hair.
We can see why he would get hurt. He always has a line of people waiting, and he works really quickly, cutting hair nonstop all day long. Still, we were a little taken back that his arm wasn’t better. We kept praying for him.
About a week later, The Harwards come and got the little shelf I made them and she offered to repay me with a free haircut.
I said, “No, I have a local barber.”
Sister Harward came back with,” I can cut your hair better than he can!”
I agreed, “I know you can, but I need to support him.” I told her the story. Plus his haircuts are $2 Fajian which is $1 US.
A few days later, I went in to get my hair cut, and the barber said his arm was completely better. He treats me special, and I think a lot of him, too.
Getting a Fijian haircut from my barber.



No comments:

Post a Comment