Tuesday, September 1, 2015

After 10 months here, we finally found our own little section of ocean. It is less than 10 miles away, and we just go down a little bank off the road and into the water at high tide.
We both tried out snorkeling. Rex succeeded. I did not. I can't breath through my mouth very well. I tried standing up with the mask on and no tube, but I still panicked from lack of breath. No snorkeling for me!
Even though there was nothing pretty to see under the water, just uneven lava rock, Rex enjoyed the snorkeling.
I spent my time swimming on my back or just floating. There was a light breeze. I just closed my eyes and let the tiny waves gently rock me. It was the most relaxing thing I have done forever! I was in heaven! I also exercised a little in the water. It was a positive, joyful experience! We plan to return often.
Betty in the calm Pacific Ocean. More like a huge reservoir, but shallow and perfect for swimming and floating.

Betty looking at the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
There was total cloud cover so it's not as blue as usual, but it was perfect weather, as always!

Rex found me a shell. We displayed it on top of another shell.
He thought it was coral. When he picked it up, he realized it was a Moab shell.
 It has plenty of arches.




No comments:

Post a Comment