Tuesday, June 30, 2015

July 1, 2015
Rex wrote: Sister Harward appreciated all the repairs I did while at her new flat in Savusavu. She had one more request before I left. Her tiny stove sat too low. She had asked them for four 4” blocks of wood to prop it up, but when she got them, they were all different sizes, and her stove was lopsided. She asked me to make her a 4 inch high stand to put under her stove and also a 9 inch wide cupboard to put beside the stove so she would have a place to set something on. Betty suggested to make the bottom shelf high enough to store the large cookie sheets and cake pans.

I got the wood yesterday morning. When they called District Meeting off, I went to work. I was almost done, when we got a surprise call from Harwards asking us to pick them up here at Asco’s while the truck got serviced. We took them to town to run a couple errands, and brought them back to our flat while I finished the project. They took it home with them tickled pink and very grateful. They sent us a picture to show how it fit. Betty says it's perfection. They will sand it and paint it. Elder Harward commented that it is built to last through the millennium. 
After they oiled it and filled it. I love having a place for cookie sheets!


No comments:

Post a Comment