Saturday, February 27, 2016

Nakawakawa was hit hard with Cyclone Winston. A couple houses were totally destroyed, and most of the rest have roofs missing or partially gone. No one was injured, but crops are ruined, and food is scarce. On Friday morning, Rex spent a couple hours with Pita shopping for groceries and building supplies to take to Nakawakawa. They will distribute groceries to each family. Then Pita intends to make a Bishop’s storehouse where they can come and get more supplies as needed.  Rex drove there to take the supplies and to help in whatever way he can. I will have him write a report when he returns. It is crazy how much I miss him while he is gone. I love him with all my heart! Even though he is the one who will be doing all the hard work, he gave me a blessing before he left that I would have felt peace and joy. I love priesthood blessings. 
When we decided to go on a mission, I told him this mission is for him to use his talents and abilities. This is a great opportunity for him to do just that. I am so proud of him for all the things he has already done and is now doing for these wonderful people. He is a most beloved servant of our Heavenly Father. We love these people, and we have learned much from them. They are the happiest people I have ever met, and they have great faith and trust in Heavenly Father. I am grateful the Lord is blessing them all at this time.
Thank you for your prayers. We feel them every day!

Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment